Thursday 25 April 2013

Without You by Gilbert Koh

I'm riding on a speeding train,
elsewhere, non-existent,
in transit between cold station lights.
You're a thought, just a thought,
in my head, and outside blackness is
screaming past the window.
There are people here, passengers, faces meaning nothing
hands eyes strange footsteps mouths
speaking words collapsing
here and now and all this while
all this distance between us
is closing in swiftly.
I am here with this need
for you, and I can't hear
can't see, for me there's only me
not even me now that I am
without you. When this train arrives,
you'll be there waiting,
a thought in my head come alive,
and true. But in this moment,
I'm still riding on a speeding train,
moving fast, and you're a thought,
no more, nothing more,
and I'm alive, suspended,
hurtling through the blackness,
nowhere without you.


Lesson Idea:
Compare with songs titled "Without You"
- Without You by Nickleback
- Without You by David Guetta
- Without You by Mariah Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment